Sunday, June 12, 2011

Shabbat dinner is served...

This last Friday night, I had company over for a Morroccan inspired meal. I served couscous with fresh veggies and an israeli spiced chicken. I really think it went over well.
We also had company over, I really like the idea of my home being filled with good friends and good conversations, it really is better that way, don't you think?
I am wanting to really focus on the practice of inviting people over every week for Shabbat dinner. This is part of my building a community of friends that is a safe place and welcoming place to be. I think that the most important thing is to keep connections with people who are important to you.
Since Alpha Male and I purchased a home and will be moving there in three years (I'm sure it will go faster than it seems)I want to work harder on forging long lasting relationships with people.

In other news, I am waiting to get my financial aide from FAFSA so that I can register for fall classes. I am thinking that if I can get some of the classes I need now, with the goal to re-enter school in a few years, if I want to do so, it will help me get my college degree.
I still plan to go to massage school but honestly, can you ever stop learning?

On the baby front, I got to go with my daughter to her doctors appointment and I got to hear the babies heartbeat, honestly, I almost started to bawl right there. I cannot fully express just how excited I am to meet my grandson when he makes his appearance into the world. He is already so loved and will always be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment